Friday, September 25, 2009

Monument, CO

Yesterday afternoon we arrived in Monument, CO after a quick 2 hour drive south from Fort Collins. We passed through Denver on the way where I got to catch a glimpse of Invesco Field at Mile High and Coors Field.

My uncle went to the Air Force Academy and served in the Air Force for 25 years before retiring to work in the athletic department at the Academy. My Aunt Lisa and Uncle Chris' house is awesome. On their back deck we can see the chapel at the Air Force Academy a short distance away. We were also wearing short sleeves while we could see the snow capped top of Pike's Peak. That was kind of awesome.

I had not seen my cousins for a few years so it has been great to see them. The youngest one, Andrew, did not really remember me considering he was like 4 the last time I saw him. Oh well, he warmed up to me as soon as he saw that I enjoyed playing the Nintendo Wii.

For dinner, my aunt and uncle made some great sausage risotto while my dad and I put a dent into the beer. I like it out here. Much like California, it just has a different vibe than the east coast. Everyone seems to enjoy the hiking and other numerous outdoor activities that you can participate in.

Today for lunch, we met up with my uncle at the Academy for a tour of athletic facilities and a pregame football luncheon. We got to hear the coach speak about the previous games and his outlook on their match up against San Diego State tomorrow. We will be attending this game. After we parted ways with my uncle, we check out the chapel at the Academy, which has a pretty unique design.






That's it for now, but here is a jam from a Boulder, CO band. This has got to be a home made video because it's kind of lame, but the song is awesome.

Patrick Cicere

Follow PCandtheWeb on Twitter

People nice enough to have read my blog.