Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dinner in Spearfish, South Dakota

Last night we decided to go to a steakhouse for dinner. We had been driving by grazing cows all day and I decided that I wanted to eat one! We picked this local place called Shoot the Bull Steakhouse.
As soon as you walk into this place, you could tell it was pretty authentic. No bells and whistles, no booths, no music, just a great place to eat. There was a fireplace in the middle of the restaurant which is nice because it was a windy 40 degrees out last night.

Since it was "Margarita Monday" last night, mom got the strawberry marg for $2. Dad and I both got the Leinenkugel Summer Weiss. I'm seeing more and more that this beer is pretty big out here.

Looking over the menu, I knew exactly what I wanted and what I had come here for. A steak! Below the steaks listed, there is a notice that says, "Our steaks are best prepared at medium rare to medium." Basically they're telling anyone who happens to like their steaks well done NOT to mess around with what they know is good. I decided on the Ribeye like my dad except I opted for medium rare and he went with medium. I got the garlic mashed potatoes as my side choice and added sauteed mushrooms on top.



With dinner, I got one of these Moose Drool Brown Ales from Missoula, MT. I really liked this beer. Not really going to rave about it, but it was good. The steak was perfect. Juicy with a little bit of fat around the edges. The warm pink center melted in the mouth. The dry rub of spices and salt eliminated ANY need for A-1. The mushrooms were just the icing on the cake. The garlic mashed potatoes were made with redskin potatoes which was awesome. This place gets my blessing for anyone looking for a great steakhouse. The next time you're in Spearfish, SD you should check it out.

Patrick Cicere

Follow PCandtheWeb on Twitter

People nice enough to have read my blog.