Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Grand Canyon (they weren't lying)

Today, after leaving Vegas, we went to the Grand Canyon. They weren't lying. This thing is ridiculously huge. My mom was freaking out every time I approached the railing to take a picture. Mom, it's only 5000 feet deep! Jeez!

While we've been on the road trip, the Ken Burns documentary about the National Parks has been airing. This documentary has discussed the Grand Canyon at great length and to see it in person was amazing. I guess it just worked out that we'd be taking this trip while this PBS documentary aired. If you've never been to the canyon, do yourself a favor and see it before you die. I think every one in the US should have the opportunity to take in this truly remarkable sight. I know that's cheesy, but it's true.

Tomorrow, we cross two time zones from Holbrook, AZ (where I currently am) to Amarillo, TX. Time to make the big push back east.

This guy in the next picture, look towards the bottom, was painting a portrait of the canyon.
I was listening to some Coldplay today and for some reason, I'm really enjoying this OLD track right now.

Patrick Cicere

Follow PCandtheWeb on Twitter

People nice enough to have read my blog.