Monday, October 26, 2009

The 2009 Marine Corps Marathon


Yesterday, I completed the Marine Corps Marathon. I finished with a time of 5:19:23, which is not exactly the most impressive time, but the important thing is that I finished my first marathon ever. There were 30,000 people running this year.

Some people ran competitively, some ran just for the experience and others ran in remembrance of a lost loved one. Seeing everyone doing this for their own reasons was a pretty awesome experience.

I was asked after the race if I would ever do another one. I replied, "ask me in two weeks." My body is understandably very sore, hence that response. I think I will do another one. Not just to do one now, but to improve on my time. With a more serious training regimen, and not going on a month long road trip, I think that I will definitely be able to do that.

Patrick Cicere

Follow PCandtheWeb on Twitter

People nice enough to have read my blog.