Wednesday, October 7, 2009

AZ to TX

Today we drove from Holbrook, AZ to Amarillo, TX. We stopped in Albuquerque, NM for lunch. We drove down to the older part of town. This is a cool south west town. I would say that it is for an older crowd though. Do I really care about southwestern jewelry and antiques of that nature?

We had tex mex at a small restaurant where the food was solid, but not mind blowing. I will say that I liked the dessert that we got at the end of our meal. Sopapillas. I think that's the spelling. Basically it was fried dough. We added honey to them for a great post lunch treat.

There was a small little town square with an even smaller pavilion for entertainment. This band was playing when we were there.
We arrived in Amarillo, TX around 8:30 local time. We had gone across two time zones today. Since I had so much energy and I'm about three weeks from my marathon, I went for a 20 mile run. I finished too! This means that, barring anything unforeseen, I should have no problems finishing the marathon on October 25th. YES!

Also, on an unrelated note, Vampire Weekend has released they're new single for their upcoming album. Here it is!

Patrick Cicere

Follow PCandtheWeb on Twitter

People nice enough to have read my blog.